Hot oil treatments are great for maximising the benefits of your natural coconut oil & shea butter hair moisturiser. The heat helps to increase the absorption of nutrients into your scalp and hair follicles.
Follow these simple instructions to get your hair to look shiny and feel soft 😻.
1. Divide your hair into 4 sections to make it easy to apply the oils
2. Pour about 1 tbsp (15 mL) of oil into a heatproof bowl or applicator bottle
3. Put the bottle or bowl into hot water for 60 seconds to warm it
Alternative: Heat oil in a microwave for 30 seconds or until it feels warm
4. Test the oil on your wrist to make sure it feels warm and not too hot.
1. Use your fingers or the tip of your applicator bottle to apply the oil directly on to your scalp
2. Massage the oil from your scalp to your ends to distribute it evenly
3. Cover your head with a plastic shower cap to trap heat
4. Sit under a hooded dryer or wear a heat cap to help the oil absorb
Alternative: Wrap a towel around your head to keep the heat in
5. Let the oil sit on your hair for at least 30 minutes
Alternative: Let the oil sit on your scalp overnight for a deep treatment
6. Shampoo and condition your hair and style as normal
7. Repeat your oil treatment 1-2 times per week for healthy hair.
Have you tried this hot oil treatment? Let me know what you thought about it 🖤.